Marketing Consultant from 2005to 2014
Helped this non-profit transition from paper-pencil examinations to computer based testing (averaging over 125,000 exams annually)
Marketing Director 2012 to present
Marketing Director 2002 - 2008; Marketing Consultant 1987 - 2008
Helped this luxury builder/remodeler obtain editorial features in fifteen local and regional publications in 2007 and 43 local, regional and national magazines since 2000; helped build one of the most comprehensive websites in the remodeling industry
- Founder of St. Phoebe Center for the History of the Deaconess, a repository of historical documents,
sacred texts, articles, and contemporary scholarship that explores the purpose of the deaconess, as
well as theories on how this order may have fallen out of use in the majority of the Orthodox world.
Public Relations Consultant, 2003-2006
Helped upgrade branding, reimage marketing materials, reimage the website and provide consistency among all marketing materials to build credibility with donors and supporters
- Produced Marketing Plans for Timeline Construction, Los Gatos, California; Post & Beam Design/Build, Forest Hill, MD; Sea Crown Construction, Mountain View, CA; Ben Tyler Building and Remodeling, Louisville, KY; Mount Dora Construction, Mount Dora, FL
- Advertising Fashion Copywriter for Carlisles Department Store, Ashtabula, Ohio; Advertising Fashion Copywriter and Catalog Manager for Lazarus Department Stores, Columbus, Ohio 1979-1983
- Advertising Copywriter for Shelly Berman Communicators, Columbus, Ohio 1983-1984; Advertising Copywriter for Conrad, Phillips & Vutech, Columbus, Ohio 1984-1985
- Organized the first U.S. conference on women deacons in New York City in December 2014, with participants from across the country as well as England.
- Successful independent marketing strategist & consultant for 29 years
- Provided over a dozen companies, organizations, businesses & non-profits with marketing services
- Author, children’s books for the Orthodox Christian Faith including "A Way of Life: Introducing Your Child to the Orthodox Faith"--translated into Romanian in 2013
- Facilitator for meetings and workshops
January 2013 -- "Marketing for CoA's" presentation at the CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs) Leadership Conference, Dallas, Texas.
December 2008 -- Presented a paper titled "Women as Lay Ministers in the Orthodox Church" at the first annual Sophia Institute One Day Academic Conference held at Union Theological Seminary, New York City. The conference title was "Women in the Orthodox Church: Past Roles--Future Paradigms.
July 1998 -- Presented a paper titled "Women as Lay Ministers in the Orthodox Church" at the University of Leeds, Leeds, England conference titled "Evolving Conceptions of a Role for Lay Believers in the Christian East and West."
- Graduate, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio 1978 with a BS Journalism; Minor in Fashion Merchandising
- Google search: Ann Marie Mecera, Ann Marie Gidus-Mecera